Presenting your event at NZ Fringe Wellington 2018
2018 NZ FRINGE FRAMES: InDesign Files OR Photoshop Files
Here is what you need to know!
What we'll do:
- We market the festival throughout the greater Wellington region and around New Zealand and overseas.
- print and distribute around 25,000 copies of the Fringe programme.
- list you on the fringe website.
- generally create a choice vibe and make sure everyone knows the festival is happening and that they should get along to something.
- We run the ticketing on your behalf through our website and NZ Fringe box office.
- We secure a festival-wide busking permit for street performances.
- We host events throughout the festival.
- We organise judges to see everything in the festival and host you at an awards celebration at the end.
- We run free forums/information sessions with industry professionals about the many aspects of presenting Fringe works.
- We make you personalised artist cards that get you access to special deals and discounts around town.
- We encourage festival directors and promoters to visit Fringe and see your work.
- AND we’re here to help YOU in the lead up to and throughout the festival – need venue advice? Need help finding somebody for a thing? Coming from out of town or overseas? Get in touch! firstname.lastname@example.org / +64 4 212 4725
- Got artist questions? Contact our dedicated artist liaison Maddy email@example.com
What you'll do:
- Do what you do best - make great work!
- All works in the NZ Fringe are self-produced, Fringe don’t produce shows or run venues ourselves.
- Now you’ve registered you will have secured your venue, season dates, and ticket prices.
- In addition to making your most excellent thing you are responsible for marketing and publicity of your own work.
- You are responsible for making it happen.
What we'll do together:
- The more we work together the better.
- Make sure we have the correct information about your work the whole time, if anything changes – if you have to cancel a showing or shift venue at the last minute, or maybe you want to offer cheap tickets, LET US KNOW!
- Arm us with all the info to help us deliver the right information to your audiences.
- If you get some amazing publicity shots, let us know so we can add them to our media packs, send them direct to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you get an endorsement from a top celebrity or professional and want to add it to your web listing email email@example.com
- Let us be the portal to your work, tell everyone you’re part of Fringe, shout about it so audiences can find you and we can sell them tickets to see you!
- Connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Hashtag ## hashtag baby.
If you are a registered artist for NZ Fringe 2018, you can log in to your artist profile to review your show details and .
Here is a link to a folder full of artist resources:
Including terms & conditions of registration, a venues list, a rehearsal space list, logos, poster frames, guides etc:
Here are your key dates for NZ Fringe 2018:
- The 2018 Programme, Website, and Ticket sales go live - 6 December, 2017
- The 2018 Fringe Festival will be from 2 - 24 March, 2018
- The 2018 Fringe Festival After Party will be on Sunday, 25th March, 2018
Fringe logos and your posters
You are required to use a Fringe Frame for your posters and flyers:
2018 NZ FRINGE FRAMES: InDesign Files OR Photoshop Files
The best way to get people to your event is to tell them it's in Fringe. As a condition of registration it is required that you use a 'FRINGE FRAME' for your marketing material. Think of it as a really big logo. These have been designed through a rigorous marketing and design consultation, we’re not just making it up! This is how audiences will know they can find all the info and tickets they need to your show through Fringe. They will know you're part of the biggest arts festival in NZ.
The brilliant people at Inject developed the Fringe frame for your poster, squarely presenting your work within the frame of Fringe to help people find you through us. Inject have created templates to match 2018 Fringe colour branding. There are also black and white options for those not intending to print in colour. Fringe is all about open access creativity, so yes, you can mess with the frame if it helps sell your show. Whether it's ghostly apparitions or blood splatters go for it. If you're unsure or think maybe you've gone too far, get in touch and we'll let you know.
Summer is festival season in Wellington, it’s a busy time. In addition to Fringe there’s several music festivals, various local community festivals, the international arts festival and Cubadupa to contend with. For this reason we need to strike through the dirge of marketing for shows out there, we need to ensure audiences know how to find you as easily as possible. As the central place for ticketing and information, letting people know you’re part of Fringe is essential to making this happen. Shout about it!
FRINGE LOGOS - A full suite of logos for your programme or website can be downloaded from the artist resources folder. Please include a Fringe logo on your media release and in all printed material as per the terms & conditions of registration. A Fringe letterhead media release template is available in the artist resources folder if you want to use that. The more you tell people you’re in Fringe the better for everyone!
If you have significant issues, please contact the Fringe team to discuss.
Phone: +64 4 212 4725
Life after NZ Fringe
Follow the Fringe path…
- Fringe World: 26 Jan - 25 February 2018. Perth, Australia. Registrations open July 2017.
- Adelaide Fringe: 16 February - 18 March 2018. Registrations open August 2017.
- Sydney Fringe: 1-30 September 2018. Applications and registrations 1 - 31 March 2018.
- Melbourne Fringe: September/Oct 2018. Applications and registrations April 2018.