Tickets to all Fringe shows can be purchased directly online. Visit the Fringe Festival Programme to discover our exciting shows, and add tickets to your shopping cart. Then when your cart is full of exciting Fringe bits, complete your ticket purchase.
No booking fees for 2020
Fringe still isn’t charging booking fees in 2020. That said, credit card payments will incur a processing fee at the end of your transaction.
Where to buy tix and bits
Box Office: Our physical box office is at Level 1, Te Auaha, 65 Dixon St, and will open February 28. We're open 10am-6pm Tuesday-Saturday.
Drop in to the Fringe Box Office for Fringe tickets, tote bags, Addict cards and information on all things Fringe.
Online: fringe.co.nz - you've made it! Tickets go off sale on the website 90 minutes before show time.
Phone: We're at (+64 4) 212 4725 from 10am-6pm Tuesday-Saturday.
At the door: Haven't bought tickets ahead of time? Rock up to the venue half an hour before show time and buy tickets at the door. Not all venues have EFTPOS, so if your show's not in a "traditional" theatre space, bring exact change if you can.
Exchanges and refunds
All Fringe ticket sales are non-refundable and non-exchangeable. In the event that a show is cancelled, or the event's change results in your being unable to attend, you are entitled to a refund or exchange.
Here at NZ Fringe, we support financial accessibility to art. Around 25% of the programme is Free or Koha.
Koha is a Māori custom which can be translated as gift, present, offering, donation or contribution. Some places refer to it as ‘pay what you feel’.
Koha in the Fringe usually means you are experiencing an event that is: development work, expressing new formats, ideas or work, or work an artist specifically wants to be as accessible as possible. So you as audience decide what you’d like to give.
As many shows have limited capacity, some Fringe shows offer a koha seat reservation for $5. This guarantees you entry and you can give additional koha in person at the event. You can also just turn up and chance it, also a valid option. Please note that artists pay for our koha booking service so that additional koha at the event can mean a lot and we encourage you to ‘pay what you feel’ in return for the art.
Fringe has three main ticket types:
- Full/General Admission: this is the standard full price ticket
- Concession rates apply to: all students with ID, Community Service Card holders, and Gold Card holders
- Fringe Addicts (FA): buy a personalised Fringe Addict card for just $15 and get approx 30% discount on all your shows and other special Fringe benefits!!
- Some family friendly shows will have special Child prices
- Some shows have discounted tickets for Groups of 6+ and Groups of 10+
- No Restrictions = Suitable for all ages, bring your whanau
- PGR = May contain something a bit more mature, bring you parents with you
- 13+ = It’s got a bit of stuff that’s not really for the young ones
- 18+ = This one’s just for the big kids, over 18 only. Some of our venues are 18+ only, so make sure you check before buying your tickets!
Bargain hunters paradise - great discounts, 2-for-1 deals or ticket giveaways!
Fringe Festival RUSH TIX will be available, only at the Fringe Box Office, during the Fringe Festival.
Sign up to our RUSH TIX mailing list to receive details on the daily deals!